Amazing Benefits Of Beard Oil & How To Use It
Beard oil is a product that is designed to provide moisture and nutrients to the skin beneath the beard, as well as to the beard itself, in an effort to improve texture, health, and appearance of that facial hair. Beard oil does not have a specific recipe, as many different essential oils and carrier oils can be combined to create these products. Some of the most popular ingredients in beard oil include jojoba oil, coconut oil, hempseed oil, grapeseed oil, and dozens of other essential oils and aromatic compounds.
- Beard oil is quite easy to use and should be applied once a day, preferably after a hot shower.
- Once you completely dry your beard, since the water will prevent the oil from being absorbed, put 4-5 drops of beard oil on your palm (less for a shorter beard, more for a longer beard).
- Rub the oil into your palm and around your fingers before running your fingers along the sides of your beard and up through the bottom of the beard.
- Using your fingers, be sure to apply some of this oil on your moustache as well. Basically, be sure your hands touch every side of your beard at some point.
- Following this, comb through your beard thoroughly.
- Repeat this process once per day, if possible, and you will see the results quickly!
How To Make Beard Oil?
Some men enjoy making their own beard oil at home, and given the availability and diverse possibilities for this oil, it isn’t very hard. If you want to make your own beard oil, try the recipe below, or make adjustments to it based on your desire for aroma, effects etc.
- Add 1/2 ounce of jojoba oil to a small bottle.
- Add 1/2 ounce of almond oil to the bottle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix in 4-5 drops each of sandalwood oil and cedarwood oil.
- Close the bottle and shake vigorously to mix.
Benefits Of Beard Oil
The top benefits of using beard oil include its ability to reduce itching, prevent inflammation, boost appearance and aroma, and make it easier to style your beard, among others.
Itching and Dry Skin
Many of the most common oils used in the production of beard oil are anti-inflammatory in nature, particularly jojoba oil and coconut oil. This can relieve itching and dry skin, thanks to the moisturizing properties of these oils, and their ability to stimulate circulation to the surface of your face.
Many people suffer from inflammatory problems beneath their beard, such as psoriasis, eczema or rosacea. This can weaken your beard hair, causing hair loss, as well as flaking and dry skin beneath your facial locks. Using beard oil will eliminate this discomfort, thanks to various antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in this oil.
Appearance and Aroma
Beard can be wiry and unattractive if you don’t take care of them, but with beard oil, your facial hair will look smooth and sleek, and will smell great! People who don’t wash their beards thoroughly, or have food particles trapped in there, will soon have a beard that doesn’t smell good; beard oil can help avoid that.
This type of oil will also make your beard more manageable, particularly if you want to style it in precise or fashionable ways.
Some young men experience acne beneath their beards, as it is quite easy to block the oil glands in the face; regular use of beard oil can prevent this common problem.
Side Effects Of Beard Oil
There are very few side effects of using beard oil, but allergic reactions or negative reactions from people with sensitive skin do occur. Before using a specific beard oil, be sure that you aren’t allergic to any of the active ingredients, and to be sure, apply a drop on a patch of skin on your arm, and wait 6-12 hours to see if there is any negative reaction (i.e., inflammation or itching).
Even if you don’t have a specific allergy to any of the ingredients in a particular oil, they are often rare or volatile compounds that can irritate the skin in large amounts. As mentioned above, only 4-5 drops on your hands are needed each time you apply your oil; more than that can cause unwanted side effects.